Craftsman Internship Requirements - Summer 2013
Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) offers a summer internship program that provides meaningful employment to college students enrolled in degree programs that match the company's needs. Participants will work full-time, 40-hours per week, for a minimum of 10 weeks during the summer months. HII considers its internship program a vital pipeline for fueling professional talent.
In order to qualify for the Summer Intern Program, the applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age before the start of the summer intern program (Mid-May) and a US Citizen.
- Be enrolled in an Associate degree program that supports the company’s shipyard industry (Electrician, Machinist, Metal Fabrication, Welder, Fitter, Rigger, Pipefitter, Coating). Typically in the following areas: • Electronics/Electrical Technology• Machining Technology• Welding Technology • Building Construction • Industrial Technology • Automotive • HVAC • Heavy Equipment • Collision Repair/Refinishing • Manufacturing Technology.
- Currently attending a 2 year community college pursing an Associate degree.
- Should have already completed 1 year of the program and have a pending graduation date of Spring 2014.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Official transcripts will be required).
- Attend a community college full-time in the fall following the internship.
- Successfully complete a criminal background investigation, physical and a hair follicle drug screen.
- Work a 40-hour work week for a minimum of 10 weeks during the summer.
- Work a 1st shift (7:00-3:30pm) or 2nd shift (3:30pm-12:00am)
If you are interested in “BUILDING YOUR CAREER” at Newport News Shipbuilding:
- Please log on the web at http://www.huntingtoningalls.com/careers
- Click “Apply Today” and select “Student & New Graduate”
- Click “Search Openings” and search for “Summer Intern” or Requisition ID #
- Click “Apply to Job” and sign in if you have already created a username and password or select “Create a Login”
- Create or update your profile and include your resume with ALL of the following information listed below:
- School Name
- Degree Program & Major
- Anticipated Graduation Date
- Current Academic Level (such as junior, senior, grad school)
- Overall GPA – based on a 4.0 scale
- List of relatives (if applicable) employed at Newport News Shipbuilding
***Application Period: Monday, November 26, 2012 to Friday, February 8, 2013***
For additional information, contact:
Career and Employment Services
1700 College Crescent, Princess Anne Building, Room A-105
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
Office Number: (757) 822-7228
Web Site: www.tcc.edu/students/career/ses/index.htm