American Sign Language Studies & Interpreter Education
TCC offers two areas of study:
Associate of Applied Science Degree:
Career Studies Certificate: American Sign Language
Apply for admission to TCC - more
- You may want to see a general counselor for advice on your degree program or what general education courses are needed.
- For information or advice on ASL or INT, Star Grieser, the program chair for the ASL studies and Interpreter Education programs at TCC can help you. Email her at SGrieser@TCC.edu or call 757-214-6157.
- Download and read the ASL Studies and Interpreter Education Program Handbook here to help answer some of the basic questions you may have about our Interpreter Training program or a career in ASL-English Interpreting!
- You will need to pay for your courses, textbooks and fees.
- You will need to do well in your courses so you can continue taking more courses!
For first time students, we strongly urge you to take College Success Skills (SDV 100) in your first semester. See our First Year Success web site.
The ASL/Interpreter programs are physically
located on the Chesapeake
The next closest degree program is in Richmond.