Transfer Credit

Non-Collegiate Training

The college awards credit for applicable armed service school experiences, non-collegiate institutions, and earned professional certifications/licensures. Where applicable, credit shall be awarded in accordance with The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) or the ACE Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. Only those credits required by the student’s degree program will be awarded.

Requests by students for the evaluation of ACE or other transcripts can be made through submission of an Application for Credit by Exam or Previous Non-Collegiate Training and official transcripts mailed directly from the agency and/or other supporting documents (e.g., photocopy of licensure or certification) to:

Office of the College Registrar
Tidewater Community College
P.O. Box 9000
Norfolk, VA 23509-9000

If the experience or training has not been previously evaluated by the faculty for credit, the request and supporting documents must be received by the College Registrar by August 31 (for a decision by December 15) or by December 31 (for a decision by May 15).